I will never…
- I will never give up hope on life. I will often want to. I will never do it.
- I don’t think I’ll ever feel whole. I think I will always consider myself damaged. This doesn’t mean I won’t ever be happy; it just means I will always feel like something’s missing.
- I will never not want to be a writer. I’ll never stop daydreaming that I’m a writer.
- I will never, never, never cheat on Katie. Ever. I have no desire to, and I would never forgive myself or expect her forgiveness.
- I’ll never skydive or bungee jump or do anything that involves great heights. I’m not particularly afraid of heights (like I am of the dentist), but as you get older, you realize that panic isn’t necessarily character building.
- I will never enjoy being away from home for extended periods of time.
- I will probably never fully trust: mechanics, vets, and dentists.
- I will NEVER like going to the dentist or the doctor, but especially the dentist.
- I will never hit my child when I’m a parent. I may get frustrated and I’m sure I’ll say things I regret, but I will never hit them. I will also never knowingly shame a child. Shame is a terrible burden that time doesn’t ease.
- I will never stop daydreaming.
I will always
- I will always have an active and intense love affair with home.
- I will always think Katie is the funniest person in the world, because she is.
- I will always love books.
- I will always get frustrated when I write, but I will always be grateful for those rare moments when the fever sets in.
- I will always have moments with kids where I feel like I’m in the exact right job.
- I will always turn to music to support the mood I am in.
- I will always worry.
- I will always have a fear of getting in trouble.
- I will always love crabs, bread, and cheese.
- I will always be afraid.