Mixing it up a little, and tomorrow I go back to the real way of doing things.
10 sad things
- My brother got jumped today and spent a couple hours in the police station. He’s okay, but still.
- Katie’s fish, Annie, died last weekend. We bought two bonded black fancies today and tried to bond them to Annie’s mate, Kate. Didn’t work. Kate bullied them. : (
- Michi seems lonely.
- I’m anxious about going back to work tomorrow after being away all week.
- I often miss Sadie.
- This Joe Paterno stuff makes me sad. I can’t believe how many people are defending him.
- I also feel sorry for his family.
- I sometimes feel that I bailed by not teaching in an urban area where the level of need is arguably greater.
- I’m worried about many people I love who are going through difficult times.
- I miss how simple things used to be.
10 happy things
- I slept until 11:00 and needed it.
- I had a great day with Katie.
- I had lunch with Katie, my mom, my sister, and the babies.
- Liam says “turtle,” and it’s too cute.
- The older people at the diner loved K and L, and it was so sweet to see.
- Get to sleep in my bed again tonight!
- One more day and then the weekend. I can handle that.
- Katie filled my gas tank while I was away.
- Alma and Esther are sleeping together, and it’s adorable.
- Peach has a case on Katie.